Rob Zombie has released “The Eternal Struggles of the Howling Man,” the second single from his forthcoming seventh studio record, The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy. You can listen to it below.
The first single, “The Triumph of King Freak (a Crypt of Preservation and Superstition),” is available for streaming here.
In a 2019 interview with Revolver, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 described the album thusly:
“[It’s] Heavy, very heavy. It’s just a heavy Zombie record with great hooks. It’s very, very musical, and a hard-hitting Zombie record. I think people are really gonna dig it. I’m a Zombie fan, and if I heard it, I’d be like, ‘Oh my God, this is brutal.’ I’m really excited about it!”
Lunar Injection comes out March 12, 2021. The track list is as follows:
- “Expanding the Head of Zed”
- “The Triumph of King Freak (A Crypt of Preservation and Superstition)”
- “The Ballad of Sleazy Rider”
- “Hovering Over the Dull Earth”
- “Shadow of the Cemetery Man”
- “A Brief Static Hum and Then the Radio Blared”
- “18th Century Cannibals, Excitable Morlocks and a One-Way Ticket On the Ghost Train”
- “The Eternal Struggles of the Howling Man”
- “The Much Talked of Metamorphosis”
- “The Satanic Rites of Blacula”
- “Shower of Stones”
- “Shake Your Ass-Smoke Your Grass”
- “What You Gonna Do with That Gun Mama”
- “Get Loose”
- “The Serenity of Witches”
- “Crow Killer Blues”
The cover art is at the bottom of this post.
Zombie’s last album, The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser, was released in 2016. It debuted at number six on the Billboard 200 chart, moving 41,000 album-equivalent units in its first week of release. It was the sixth consecutive Zombie album to crack the top ten on that chart.